Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Moving Van has arrived!

Hey, it's Robyn here!

In preparation for the move I have been spending hours sorting, packing and cleaning. FINALLY the time has arrived for us to start packing up the van to head north!!  I'm excited, can you tell?

I can't say it came too soon. You know the feeling that something will never get done? A college paper perhaps, a project or a painfully long day? Multiply that feeling times a million and you have an idea about how anxious I am to get out of town and settled :)

Aaron (the hubster) embraces change like a champ, me on the other hand not so much. I embrace it kicking and screaming. I know change is good, it is healthy and an inevitable part of life but it causes me a certain degree of stress. I like things in order, tidy and just so (if you know what I mean) so my messy and disorganized house is feeling a bit like a burden these last few days in Tennessee. It will be interesting to see my type A personality take a hit after living with two men, a  very busy three year old and a my sister, who is... let's say a little less organized ha ha.

Here are a few photos of the beginning process of our packing the van (which seemed TOO SMALL in the beginning, talk about stressful). My in-laws were in town for a family friend's wedding so it worked out beautifully to have them here to help out. God works everything out, I was not looking forward to helping Aaron move the heavy furniture after a toe smashing incident earlier this year when we got our first dryer... but that is a story for another time ;)

The first of many "piles" to be loaded into the U-haul truck.


Papa Reed and the hubster doing what men do best, moving heavy things and grunting :)






Momma Reed hamming it up for the camera.

Harry dog curled up in our comforter. We had to camp out on the living room floor because our air mattress deflated in the middle of the night. Maybe if I were a ten pound dog I would be more comfortable on the floor!

Add caption
An update from the MI side of things is coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment